- No pets will be allowed on Beach Club property at any time.
- Club Smoking Policy: Members and guests may smoke at the designated area located on the grass strip east of the parking lot ONLY. (11/99)
- No alcoholic beverages shall be used on the deck before 5:00 PM daily. Members/Guests must be 21 years of age to drink alcoholic beverages.
- Electronic devices should be on vibrate mode only or turned off. ALL calls must be made in the parking lot.
- Please restrict the use of the telephone to important and emergency calls. Overuse of the telephone by children should be discouraged. In an emergency, please contact the Manager on duty to place a long distance call.
- All members must register themselves and their guests at the reception window upon arrival at the Club. Guests may not use the Club WITHOUT AN ADULT MEMBER PRESENT. This includes those on the Priority Waiting List. (5/15)
- No wet bathing suits are allowed in the building at any time. Please use the outside locker/toilet facilities when in your bathing suit.
- Use of the inside bathrooms is restricted to adult and handicap persons.
- No member or guest should personally reprimand any Club employee. Members are requested to make written complaints to the Executive Committee of any matter in the administration of the Club.
- The use of electronic cigarettes is prohibited from the Beach Club deck and buildings. (5/19)
Due to the very limited parking and in consideration of members:
- Parking in the Club lot will be limited to one car per membership unit. (4/18)
- Each membership unit will receive one hanging parking tag with their membership number on it and must be displayed when parked in the Club lot. (5/19)
- It is expected that the member is at the Club when their tag is displayed in the lot.
- It is encouraged that Rye residents obtain a beach parking permit and park in those designated areas.
- Guests will not be allowed to park in the Club lot at any time (5/18) with the exception of those needing handicap parking. A handicap tag must be displayed. (5/18)
- Caregivers (babysitters/nannies) must obtain and display a parking pass from the Club Manager as part of their registration process. (5/18)
- Employees are not allowed to park at the Club at any time with the exception of the Club Manager.
- Employees and guests should park in the lower lot at St. Theresa Church.
- No person may use the pool unless a lifeguard is on duty.
- Children who have not passed the instructor’s swimming test will not be permitted in the pool at any time unless taking a lesson or accompanied by a parent or other responsible adult. (5/12)
- Members bringing guests with children should request a wristband that will identify the child’s swimming ability. The color of the band will help the lifeguards to safely manage swimmers. (5/19)
- Safety of our members, guests, and the staff is of utmost importance. Any play that occurs on the deck, in or around the pool area, must be conducted in such a manner that no one is hurt. Lifeguards may redirect or stop play activities to maintain a safe and comfortable environment for all. (4/18)
- Extreme caution must be used near the diving board at all times. Only one person may be on the board at all times, and must immediately swim away from the diving area. Fancy diving, which may endanger the diver, can be stopped at the discretion of the guard on duty.
- Pool hours may be extended at the discretion of the Club Manager Only.
- Persons with a cough, cold, fever, inflamed eyes, etc., will not be permitted to swim in the pool, and should not be in the Club area.
- Food or drink is prohibited inside the perimeter of the pool carpet. Water for lap swimmers is permitted. (4/18)
- Swim diapers or diapers with tight fitting rubber pants are REQUIRED under bathing suits for ALL non-toilet trained children for hygiene reasons.
- Adult swim periods will be set by the Manager and will be strictly enforced.
- The lap lane will be available to lap swimmers whenever the pool is open with the exception of swim team practice. (4/18) All others yield to lap swimmers. (5/02)
- Operation of the pool facilities shall be under the complete charge of the Club Manager or an employee designee who shall be in control of the pool area and pool personnel. The Club Manager or an employee designee is charged with the enforcement of these rules in addition to any that may be necessary to increase the safe use of the facilities. Such additions, if any, will be posted in the pool area.
- The Executive Committee reserves the right to cancel pool privilege of any member or to deny further membership if these rules are not adhered to. The Club Manager and lifeguards are authorized to enforce these rules.
Swim Team will be held daily Monday through Friday and attendance each day is expected
- Regular Member . . . . $150.00 (5/18)
- Junior Member . . . . . $75.00 (5/18)
- Senior Member . . . . . $75.00 (5/18)
Senior Member option is available to those entering their junior year of high school. An application must be submitted. (5/18)
Chit Cards or Paper Chits will be accepted at the snack bar.
- Chit Cards may be loaded at the office with Visa or MasterCard only.
- Paper Chits in $25.00 or $50.00 amounts are available at the office and will be charged to your account.
Snack Bar access is restricted to employees only. Staff will make every attempt to assist you with last minute needs.
- SPRAY sunblock may NOT be used on the deck. Please apply on the beach. (4/18)
- NO running on the deck at any time.
- Children are not permitted to play in the lockers. (5/15)
- Children are not to climb over the railings or on the rocks beside the deck or grills.
- All diaper changing and dressing of infants and children MUST be done in lockers or in the poolside bathroom facilities.
- Shampooing or soaping under the outdoor shower is not permitted.
- All clothes must be kept in your locker or in a basket under your table. Do not hang clothing or towels over the seaside railings.
- Please dispose of your own waste and trash in the proper containers.
- NO glass containers should ever be used on the deck for any purpose.
- Food preparation on the deck is prohibited. All food to be eaten on the deck must be prepared off the premises before arrival at the Club.
- The deck and pool may be closed earlier on the evenings of club sponsored activities. (4/18)
- Food preparation shall be limited to the outdoor grills. Staff will make every attempt to assist you with last minute needs
- Guest privileges apply the same in the evening as they do during the day.
- Absolutely no swimming unless a lifeguard is on duty.
- No glass or bottles within the pool carpet perimeter. (5/18)
- Clear the deck promptly at closing.
- The deck will be closed during parties, including but not limited to the Opening and Closing Parties.
Table occupancy is at a premium. Discretion in the use of tables is requested of the membership. Please be considerate of fellow members.
- Tables are available on a first come first serve basis.
- The Manager on Duty may clear tables unattended for a significant period of time of personal belongings if tables are needed.
- Unattended tables will be cleared at 4:30 PM for the evening meal.
- Members MUST BE PRESENT at the Club in order to retain use of a table. (5/15)
- Inside and outside tables are not to be set up for dinner before 5:00 PM. (4/18)
- Main deck and inside tables may not be reserved.
- Members inviting more guests than can be conveniently seated at one table must obtain prior approval from the manager.
- Sea Deck and North Deck are available for reservations.
- Sea Deck parties are limited to a minimum of 7 people and a maximum of 12 people.
- North deck parties are limited to 3 parties of no more than 12 people each. Total occupancy not to exceed 36 people.
All members under the age of 18 are considered Junior Members and are subject to the following:
- Junior Members between the ages of 16 and 18 may have no more than two guests each day and are subject to all guest rules. (5/19)
- Junior Members under the age of 16 may not have guests without an adult member (over the age of 18). (5/19)
- Children may be at the Beach Club during the day without a parent or designated babysitter/guardian once they have attained the age of 12, or are scheduled to enter the 6th grade in the upcoming school year. (4/18)
- No children under 16 will be allowed on Club property after 6:00 PM unless they are accompanied by a parent or a specifically designated adult, 18 years of age or older.
- No children under the age of 16 will be allowed on the Sun Deck (upper deck) at any time.
- Swim Team and Swim Program will be held daily Monday through Friday and if signed up for the swim team, attendance each day is expected. In cases of inclement weather, parents are asked to pick-up their children as soon as Swim Team is over.
- The front room in the Clubhouse will be available during the day for junior members.
- No wet bathing suits or sandy bodies are allowed in the Clubhouse.
- Children are expected to pick up games, cards, etc.
- Any child abusing this Clubhouse privilege will be denied use of the Clubhouse for three days.
- Children are not to reserve tables early in the morning. Children’s belongings, with the exception of towels and warm-ups must be placed in lockers.
- Tables should be kept neat and orderly throughout the day.
- With the exclusion of swim team practice, (4/18) lap swimmers have priority in the far lane on the west side of the pool. Junior members should yield use of it graciously.
- Basketball games, shark games and the use of flotation devices will be allowed only with special permission from the senior guard on duty.
Junior Member Discipline
- In order that each junior member understands that a certain mode of behavior is expected while at the Club, the following discipline policy has been drafted. Any infraction of a rule as stated in the directory will result in the following: Three offenses (slight) same day:
- Employee will speak to child.
- Employee will “bench” child.
- Child will be sent to the Club Manager/Assistant Manager. Club Manager/Assistant Manager discusses a problem with the child and warns of the seriousness of a subsequent offense. The Club Manager will contact the parent/legal guardian of the junior member. (5/18)
- For any serious offenses, the Club Manager will call home if it is necessary for the child to be picked up. The child will be sent home for rest of the day and shall not be readmitted until the conference is held between parents and Club Manager. Serious offenses defined as:
- Fighting, theft, vandalism, serious disrespect to another Club member or employee.
- Being sent second time sent to Manager(s) for a discipline problem (even if a different day)
- Junior members that need to be spoken to or benched on a regular basis
- Members must understand that a Caregiver is acting on their behalf and are working while they are at the Club. (5/18)
- Caregivers should be introduced to and registered with the Club Manager. (5/18)
- Caregivers must obtain and display a parking pass from the Club Manager as part of their registration process. (5/18)
- It is the member’s responsibility to ensure that caregivers are aware of expectations and rules of the Club. (5/18)
- The Club Manager has the right to exclude any Caregiver whom is not complying with Club rules. (5/18)
An ADULT MEMBER over the age of 18 Must accompany all guests at all times (with the exception of Junior Members who are 16).
- A member’s grandchild under the age of 18 residing as a houseguest in the absence of his/her parents may have unlimited use of the Beach Club.
- All other houseguests, related or unrelated to the member, are restricted to the use of the Club for a maximum total of 14 calendar days, per season, in no more than 2 segments. The member is responsible for informing the Club Manager of the dates prior to the first day. These 14 days may NOT be combined with any other guest policy (i.e., grandchildren visiting without parents or Priority Guest Privileges). (5/15)
- Local guests of members may use the Club one full day, or part thereof, per month and twice a month in the evening.
- Close relatives may have two-day visits and two evening visits per month.
- Applicants on the Priority Waiting List may use the Club three full days and three evenings each month WITH a member. They may NOT come to the Club without a member. (5/15)
- Local guests may NOT make multiple visits as guests of different members, which will exceed the number of days/evenings allowed per month for the local guest.
- Members inviting more guests than can be conveniently seated at one table must obtain prior approval from the manager.
- All guests may have unlimited attendance at evening Club social functions when guests are allowed.
- The Executive Committee may exclude a guest if, in its judgment, such action is in the best interest of the Club.
- All guests must be registered daily at the front office and introduced by their host to the Manager in charge. An adult member must remain with the guests at all times.
Significant Other/Non-Married Partner Guest Privilege
- The Significant Other (‘SO’) Guest Privilege is a specific designation of club guest that allows access rights distinct from normal guests. A member’s significant other granted an SO Guest Privilege is allowed to accompany them at the club without the defined visit limits of a normal guest.
- Any single member unit holder or any single head-of-house family member unit holder may apply for ONE significant other/non-married partner guest privilege per season. An ANNUAL application is REQUIRED every year, even if the Significant Other Guest (‘SO Guest’) remains the same.
- A completed application must be received on or before April 30th annually for the Executive Committee to consider the application. The application MUST include a check from the membership unit holder for the current year’s SO Guest fee ($300).
- The recipient of a SO Guest Privilege in a given season is a guest of the club at all times. They are not a member and do not have the rights of a member. The member unit holder MUST BE with the SO Guest at all times when the guest is on the premises of the club. The SO Guest is welcome to attend member-only events with their SO member. The SO Guest does NOT have ANY membership privileges, including but not limited to: charging/purchasing chits and other club store merchandise, having guests without the member unit holder present, making reservations for club events, north deck tables, sea deck tables, or lobsters.
- Will not receive a parking tag.
- A significant other/non-married partner guest privilege, if approved, is valid for only ONE season and may be revoked at any time during the season by the Executive Committee. If a SO Guest Privilege is revoked the SO Guest Privilege fee is NOT refundable in whole or on a prorated basis.
- The application must be completed in full, submitted with all the required documents and signed by both the unit holder and the SO Guest. It must be postmarked by April 30th, and include a check for the current SO Guest privilege fee from the membership unit holder to be valid.
- The application fee is set at $300 for the 2019 season. This is non-refundable if the application is approved.
- The Executive Committee will notify the membership unit holder if the application has been approved on or before June 1. The Executive Committee will post a list on the club premises of all SO Guest approvals with the names of the membership unit holder and the name of their SO guest approved for the season.
Members are expected to comply with the following expectations and schedules for their financial obligations to the Beach Club.
It is each member’s responsibility to ensure that the Beach Club has his or her correct billing address.
- Spring Billing: Statements will be sent out no later than March 31st (1/18) and must be paid by April 30th (1/18). A late fee of $200.00 (5/16) shall be assessed on all accounts not paid in full by April 30th. As soon as possible after April 30th, the Club Manager and/or bookkeeper will provide the Treasurer with the names of those members whose payments have not been received. The Treasurer will mail a letter and new invoice, including the late fee, to those members in arrears (01/18). The letter will state that if full payment is not received at the Beach Club within 15 days of date of the letter (1/18), the Executive Committee shall assume the member has resigned his/her membership effective at that time.
- Fall Billing: Statements will be sent out no later than September 30th (9/05) and must be paid by OCTOBER 31st. The membership reservation fees for the coming season, outstanding summer charges, and the Capital Improvement Assessment must be paid by OCTOBER 31st. A late fee of $200.00 (5/16) shall be assessed on accounts not paid in full by October 31st. As soon as possible after October 31st, the Club Manager and/or bookkeeper will provide the Treasurer with the names of those members whose payments have not been received. The Treasurer will mail a letter and new invoice, including the late fee, to those members in arrears. The letter will state that if full payment is not received at the Beach Club within 15 days of receipt of the letter (1/18), the Executive Committee shall assume the member has resigned his/ her membership effective at that time.
- Monthly Billing: Statements for charges made during the season will be sent out by the 5th of the month. All monthly charges must be paid by the 1st of the month (5/09). Balances that are not paid by the 1st of the month will be subject to a $25 late fee charge each month (1/18). Habitual offenders may have club usage privileges suspended by the Executive Committee. (1/18)
- Guest Fees: Fees for guests at social functions will be charged to the members’ account and may not be paid by guests (IRS rule).
- Resignations: Members wishing to resign their membership should do so by May 1st in order to be refunded the Reservation Fee for that year. The Capital Improvement Assessment is non-refundable. (5/09)
- Extenuating Circumstances: The Executive Committee should be advised of any extenuating circumstances that would prevent compliance with the above and they will determine what, if any, remediation may be available.
Family Membership $1,950 (10/18)
Spousal Membership $1,660 (10/18)
Single Membership $1,345 (10/18)
Capital Improvements Assessment Per Unit $600.00 (3/17)
Membership Reservation Fee Per Unit $200.00 (4/15)
Locker Fee $225.00 (3/14)
Signficiation Other Guest Fee $300 (2/19)
General $7,500.00 (4/16)
Legacy $5,000.00 (4/16)
All fees and assessments are subject to change
All Beach Club members belong to a Membership Unit, which belongs to a Membership Category. Any change in the Membership Unit that results in a change in Membership Category should be reported to the Membership Chair or the Club office for review by the Executive Committee. Any changes that occur after September 1st will not be subject to an adjustment in dues. (5/16)
- Family Membership: A family membership must be maintained by membership units with unmarried children under the age of 25. Any married child is ineligible for inclusion in a Family Membership Unit.
An unmarried child under protective guardianship may remain within the family membership unit upon attaining age 25 (provided that he/she was a member of that unit prior to his/her 18th birthday). Legal documentation must be provided annually. (5/17)
- Spousal Membership: Married couples or couples joined in a legally recognized civil union, who have no children or whose children have all attained the age of 25 years, are eligible for this membership category. (2/05)
- Single Membership: Singles, singles-divorced, widows and widowers without children under 25 are eligible for this membership category.
- Legacy Membership: Unmarried-Any unmarried child within a Family Membership Unit (provided that he/she was a member of that unit prior to his/her 18th birthday) will have, on his/her 25th birthday, the privilege of becoming a member of the Club without filing an application, waiting on a wait list, or paying the existing application fee (5/06). To exercise this privilege, the child must notify the Membership Chairperson of his/her wishes, in writing, no later than his/her 25th Where applicable, a child who exercises this privilege shall become a single member and pay an initiation fee as established by the executive committee. (4/16) dues will be pro-rated. (1/00)
Married-Any child within a Family Membership Unit (provided that he/she was a member of that unit prior to his/her 18th birthday) who has attained the age of 21 but has not yet turned 25 will have the privilege of becoming a member of the Club upon his/her marriage without filing an application, waiting on a wait list, or paying the existing application fee (5/06). To exercise this privilege, a child must notify the Membership Chairperson of his/her wishes, in writing, prior to his/her wedding date. Such a membership shall be subject to an appropriate initiation fee, as established by the Executive Committee (4/16) dues will be prorated. (4/18)
- Provisional Membership: Accepted applicants shall become provisional members and remain so for two years.
- Membership after Divorce: In the event of a divorce, only one party may retain the membership. The Membership Chair must be informed, in writing, which party is awarded the membership. (5/96) The other party may apply for membership through the priority application process. (5/96)
Membership Application Procedures
- A written request for an application shall be made to the Membership Chairperson.
- Applicants for membership consideration (regular or priority) must be at least 18 years of age. (5/19)
- The application shall be completed, including the names of two sponsors and their letters of support, and returned to the Membership Chairperson with a non-refundable application fee of $1,00. (3/09) Names will not be placed on a waitlist until the application is complete.
- There shall be two wait lists for admission: the Priority Wait List and the Regular Wait List. The Priority Wait List consists of: former members who have resigned in good standing and desire readmission; present or past members’ children who were former members of a Family Membership Unit for a minimum of two years. The Regular Waiting List consists of other applicants. The Executive Committee, at its sole discretion, shall attempt to admit from both lists. (4/18)
- Membership application continuity after divorce: In the event of a divorce, only one party may retain the membership application. The Membership Chairperson must be informed in writing by the sponsors and/or applicants as to which party is awarded the membership application.
- Adult members may only sponsor two applicants at the same time. For the purpose of this rule, a sponsorship is counted against the entire Family Membership Unit.
- In the case of a Family Membership Unit sponsorship, only an adult may sponsor. He or she cannot sponsor his/her own child.
- A sponsor may voluntarily withdraw at any time by writing to the Membership Chairperson and stating the reason(s) for withdrawal. The Executive Committee will keep all such communications in strict confidence. In this event, the applicant will be informed of the withdrawal, and the application will be considered incomplete pending the acquisition of a replacement sponsor. When a member withdraws sponsorship of an applicant, he/she loses the right to sponsor a replacement applicant until such time as the original applicant’s request for membership is processed.
- In the event that a sponsor becomes a non-member of the Beach Club, the applicant will be notified in writing, and it will be strongly recommended that a replacement sponsor be obtained. In the event that both of the applicant’s sponsors become non-members, the application will be considered incomplete pending the acquisition of at least one replacement sponsor. (3/00)
- Pending replacement sponsorship, as in 3 and 4 above, applicant will retain position on the list until his/her application is complete.
Admitting New Members
- Anytime the membership reaches or exceeds 635 members as of May 1st (3/17) there may (4/18) be a moratorium on admitting new members from either the Priority Waitlist or the Regular Waitlist. Legacy eligible candidates are not affected by this moratorium. (4/13)
- Applicants shall be considered by the Executive Committee at its May meeting.
- The Executive Committee will admit applicants on the basis of a favorable vote. (4/18)
- If openings occur during the season, applicants may continue to be considered at regularly scheduled Executive Committee meetings. Dues would be pro-rated beginning with the date of admission.
- Accepted applicants, upon payment in full of the initiation fee, shall become provisional members and remain so for two years unless the Executive Committee extends provisional status. A second vote shall be taken and any provisional member denied membership during or at the end point of provisional membership would be refunded the initiation fee in full. The refund shall be subject to a clearing of said member’s Club account.
- After the May meeting of the Executive Committee, but no later than the opening date of the season, the waiting lists, in order of the application completion date shall be posted on the wall outside the Club office. (4/18)
Suspension or Revocation of Membership
- Any membership may be suspended or revoked for cause at a regular or special meeting of the Executive Committee by a vote of the Committee.
- In all cases, a notice in writing would accompany a copy of the reason(s) for suspension or revocation, and mailed to the member at least 10 days before the meeting. The member may request, in writing, an opportunity to address the reason(s) or may respond in a written statement.
- Revocation or suspension does not relieve the member of liability for indebtedness to the Cub at the time of the action.
- Suspension shall be for a period of time determined by the Committee and subject to any other conditions imposed by the Committee. (5/96)
Club Rental Rules / Private Parties
- To use the Club for a non-Club sponsored function, members should submit, in writing, a request to the Executive Committee (via the Club Manager) by May 1st or 60 days prior to the function. (1/96)
- To protect our tax-free status we cannot rent the Club to anyone other than a member.
- Due to the shortness of our season, and in consideration of our membership and their enjoyment of the Club, private parties may be requested for the purpose of special family occasions before the opening cocktail party and after the closing cocktail party. (10/11)
- Club rental for private parties during the season will include inside facilities and the Sea Deck.
- Due to the unpredictable weather and time constraints to the Club opening, no private parties will be allowed before the season. (4/18)
- Business or civic-related functions are not acceptable.
- Members hosting private parties are financially responsible for all associated costs and must consult the Club Manager to obtain current Club rental pricing information.
- North deck parties are limited to 3 parties of no more than 12 people each. Total occupancy not to exceed 36 people. It is strongly recommended that reservations be made 24 hours in advance.
- Sea Deck parties are limited to a minimum of 7 people and a maximum of 12 people. Reservations are strongly recommended.