Executive Committee Meeting Minutes


A regular meeting of the Executive Committee was held on Tuesday evening, April 11, 2023, at the Beach Club. The meeting was called to order at 7:03 p.m. by Sara Casassa.


Present: Sara Casassa – President, Craig Seymour – Treasurer, Alan Lewis – Vice President, Mary Ellen Morse – Secretary, Jeff Ristau – Manager, Alanna Schreck, Reggie Hall, Julie Veale, Laura Schwartz, and Katie Johnson


Secretary’s Report – Mary Ellen Morse


A motion was made to approve the March Executive Committee meeting minutes. The motion was seconded and carried. The minutes will be posted on the website.


Treasurer’s Report – Craig Seymour


  • The financial report was provided for review.
  • Craig reviewed the draft 2023 budget.
  • Spring invoices have sent to members.
  • The Club has incurred a few extraordinary expenses this spring, the largest of which was $8,000 for draining and refilling the pool so that the plaster could be repaired.
  • Craig will be setting up a high yield savings account at Cambridge Trust and will move $200,000 into the account to establish a capital reserve fund. Funds for major capital investment projects will be drawn from this account.
  • The EC discussed capital improvements in 2023 and 2024 including windows for the existing “bubble” and the deck.
  • The Financial Report was accepted unanimously.


Manager’s Report – Jeff Ristau

  • The chimney has been repointed by Sandown Masonry for $7,850.00.
  • South Shore Gunite inspected the diving board and did not see any issues making it unsafe.  They will be providing a quote for a new board in the coming week. Cost of replacing the board will likely be between $6,000 – $8,000.
  • South Shore Gunite patched the plaster cracks in the pool. They did not address any of the spots in the plaster that had not ruptured. Jeff spoke with Gary Guarino and was told the entire pool will need to be replastered next spring. Jeff will confirm the work will be covered under warranty, together with the cost of re-filling the pool a second time.
  • Dave Seaward is going to start working on the north locker and replacing the bubble window this week.
  • Nicole and Jeff have been interviewing candidates for the pool and kitchen. Jeff also interviewed a gentleman for the Office Manager/Assistant position and recommended the Club extend an offer to which the EC agreed.
  • Emails sent from the Club to Gmail are being blocked. Jeff is working to resolve the issue.





  • As of April 11, 2023, the membership counts are 274 total units (90 single, 87 spousal, 97 family) for a total of 652 members.


Swim – Katie Johnson


  • No swim report was presented this month


Social – Alanna Schreck

  • SoulColour has been booked for the Labor Day event. They are a duet and were recommended by a Club member.
  • Alanna will be meeting with Jeff to review the social events planned for this summer.


Facilities – Alan Lewis


  • No report was presented this month.


Long Range Planning – Reggie Hall


  • Reggie is still waiting for engineering plans from Ambit. He spoke to Ambit and was told the plans would be provided in time for our May meeting.


New Business

  • The EC discussed the results of an alignment survey to identify top priorities for 2023.
  • The EC discussed club usage data and capacity. Members were asked to review and be prepared to discuss at the following meeting should a membership meeting be held.
  • Sara presented a letter from a member expressing dissatisfaction with member only days. One member only day (not evening) was approved for this season based upon the results in the annual survey. Sara will respond to the correspondence

Old Business

  • The EC reviewed proposed language to rule modifications agreed to at the March EC meeting.
  • The EC agreed to modify the legacy membership rule to include a short grace period for legacy members to provide notification of his/her intent to exercise the privilege and detailed instructions as to how and whom notification should be sent. Language will be finalized and presented to the EC for approval at the next regularly scheduled EC meeting.
  • The EC agreed to modify the rule pertaining to admitting new members as follows:
    • include a requirement for the membership chair to notify top applicants before the membership meeting; and
    • include a requirement for the membership chair to notify an applicant’s sponsor if an applicant will not be offered membership and such applicant will have the opportunity to withdraw his/her application prior to a formal decision.
  • Language will be finalized and presented to the EC for approval at the next regularly scheduled EC meeting.


A motion to adjourn the meeting was made and seconded at 9:17.


The Executive Committee will meet Tuesday, May 9, 2023, at 7:00 pm at the Beach Club.


Minutes respectfully submitted by Mary Ellen Morse, Secretary.