Executive Committee Meeting Minutes


A regular meeting of the Executive Committee was held, via Zoom, on Tuesday evening, November 9, 2021. The meeting was called to order at 7:03 p.m. by Sara Casassa.


Present: Sara Casassa – President, Alan Lewis – Vice President, Craig Seymour – Treasurer, Mary Ellen Morse -Secretary, Erik Browning, Tiffany McCann, Reggie Hall, Katie Johnson, Sarah Holmes, Laura Schwartz, and Jeff Ristau – Manager


Secretary’s Report – Mary Ellen Morse


A motion was made to approve the October Executive Committee meeting minutes. The minutes were unanimously approved and will be posted on the website.


Treasurer’s Report – Craig Seymour


  • Craig Seymour presented the Financial Report to the Executive Committee.
  • Net income for October was just over $74,000, reflecting the booking of next year’s reservation fees and capital contribution from the membership.
  • Income year-to-date was $744,639, which was slightly higher due to the initiation fees paid in 2020.
  • Expenses year-to-date were slightly less than last year but will increase once the remainder of the Club’s insurance premiums have been paid.
  • Utilities for the year were up approximately $8,500 or 20% over last year. Propane represented the largest increase.
  • Many members did not receive Fall bills which include for the capital fee, reservation, and any remaining charges. Some members did not receive email invoices while many did not receive paper invoices sent through the mail.
  • Criag has been working with Jodi to resolve the issue and ensure all members have received proper invoices. Deadlines for payments will be extended accordingly.
  • Approximately $53,000 in outstanding member invoices from 71 members remains outstanding because of the billing issue.
  • All future invoices will be mailed from the Rye Beach Post Office.
  • Craig is working with Jodi to improve the format of invoices to provide greater clarity.
  • Craig is also looking into using Quickbooks to allow for payment by credit card, etc.
  • Craig answered questions from the EC and the Financial Report was accepted unanimously.


Manager’s Report – Jeff Ristau


  • Jeff has been working on winterization of the Club.
  • Guarino pools has winterized the pool. Jeff has requested they assess the plaster damage in the pool before the freeze.
  • Hart Plumbing has turned off the water and winterized the lines.
  • Precision Pump and Repair will be removing the pump from the pool.
  • Denron HVAC winterized the pool heater.
  • The winter coat of stain on the deck is almost complete.
  • Remaining work to be completed includes installation of the storm boards, removal of the sun deck fence and removing parking cones from the lot.
  • Jeff has reached out to Hart Plumbing to see if they will assess the saltwater line.
  • Jeff is obtaining estimates for winter plowing. Plowing is minimal and includes clearing access to the propane hookup and water hook up located outside the front door.
  • The Club will need of purchasing 15 new umbrellas and 5 deck chairs for next season. Cost of the umbrellas is $5,629.50. Cost of the chairs is $726.75 in addition to a 15% freight charge for a total cost of $ 953.44. The manufacturer, Telescope, is experiencing supply shortages and estimates delivery in 26 weeks. The EC unanimously agreed to purchase the umbrellas and chairs at a total cost of $6,582.94.
  • In past years, Jeff has an included a note regarding staff gratuities with the Fall billing. The note was not included this year. He will be sending an email to the membership about staff gratuities should members wish to contribute.


Membership – Sarah Holmes

  • Three members were eligible for a legacy membership in November. Two will be exercising their rights to a legacy membership and one will not.
  • One membership unit was converted to a spousal membership in September, and another will be converted in April.
  • As of November 10th, the membership counts are as follows:

278 total units

93 single

88 spousal

98 family

656 total members


Swim – Erik Browning


There were no swim updates to present this month.


Social Tiffany McCann


Tiffany has begun work on a draft social calendar which will be provided at the next regularly scheduled EC meeting.


Facilities – Laura Schwartz

  • Ben Careno will be visiting the Club, together with his window specialist, to look at the bubble and provide options for replacing the windows. He will also assess the deck and any repairs needed.

Long Range Planning – Reggie Hall

  • Reggie is continuing to work on exploring grant opportunities for resiliency initiatives and putting together a timeline for grant applications.


Technology – Katie Johnson

  • Katie has updated annual survey based upon feedback from the last meeting. Katie will update the survey with the questions related to guest policies, once approved.

New Business

  • Jeff inquired as to whether the Club would be sending out Christmas cards this year. The EC agreed that the Club should send cards which would feature a member’s artwork.
  • Katie requested that cards provide attribution to the owner of the artwork.
  • The EC agreed that the Club should continue to hang wreaths as it has in years past.
  • Jeff will order the wreaths from Rolling Green and Joe Hayes will assist with hanging.


Old Business


  • Alan provided an updated on the Guest Policy Subcommittee. The committee met on November 2nd and crafted questions for inclusion in the annual survey. The goal of survey questions is to solicit members opinions as to whether the membership would like to revise the guest policy and if so, how. Proposed revisions, by way of example only, include limiting the number of guests a member may bring, maintaining member only days and guest fees. The committee discussed including aggregate guest use data in the survey to provide a context for questions.
  • The EC discussed the proposed questions and agreed to include such questions in the annual survey.
  • The Guest Policy Subcommittee will meet again in January to discuss survey results.


A motion to adjourn regular meeting was made by Craig and seconded by Sara at 8:25.


Executive session began at 8:27


A motion to adjourn Executive Session was made by Sara and seconded by Craig at 9:14.


Regular Meeting came back to order 9:14


A motion to adjourn the regular meeting was made by Reggie and seconded by Sara and 9:16.


Next Executive Committee meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, January 11, 2022, at



Minutes respectfully submitted by Mary Ellen Morse, Secretary.