JUNE EC MEETING MINUTES 2021
September 04, 2021
Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
A regular meeting of the Executive Committee was held on Tuesday evening, June 8, 2021 at the Beach Club. The meeting was called to order at 7:04 p.m. by Sara Casassa.
Present:, Sara Casassa – Vice President, Craig Seymour – Treasurer, Mary Ellen Morse -Secretary, Jeff Ristau – Manager Alan Lewis , Tiffany McCann, Reggie Hall, Katie Layman, and Sarah Holmes
Secretary’s Report – Mary Ellen Morse
A motion was made to approve the May Executive Committee meeting minutes. The motion was seconded and carried. The minutes will be posted on the website.
Treasurer’s Report – Craig Seymour
- Craig provided an overview of the financials and answered questions about specific line items in the Budget Report.
- To date, revenue and expenses are on track.
- One membership unit resigned prior to paying the annual dues.
- An offer has been made to Kathy’s replacement. Kathy has agreed to assist with training her replacement but will be leaving by September 1, 2021.
- The Financial Report was accepted unanimously.
Manager’s Report – Jeff Ristau
- The saltwater line was not able to be repaired. Jeff will continue to explore options to repair the line as replacing it is not an option at this time.
- Hart plumbing repaired the indoor and outdoor showers as there was no hot water.
- The pool heater was not working but the problem was found to be due to a gas lock out. The staff has been trained as to how to avoid this issue in the future.
- Some areas of the deck are lifting where erosion to joist hangers beneath occurred. Jeff will work with Alan on the off season to address.
- The DJ has been booked for Family Night on July 24th. Securing a tent and dance floor has been challenging.
- Historically, the Town has provided four police officers for the 3rd of July. Chief Walsh may require one additional officer for Family Night for which the cost will be billed to the Club.
- The kitchen is fully staffed though one additional staff member may be needed depending on volume.
- Breakfast service will begin on June 21st.
Membership – Sarah Holmes
- Sarah Holmes reported current membership totals. As of June 7, 2021, the membership counts are 277 total units (93 single, 89 spousal, 98 family) for a total of 651 members.
- A single unit will change to a spousal in June resulting in one new member.
- There is one legacy eligible for membership during the season
Swim – Erik Browning
- Erik provided an update on the swim program.
- Practice will begin on on June 17th. The registration link will be sent out this week.
- The full team will practice together on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The team will be divided into two groups on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Swim suits will not be available for purchase at the Club this year but may be ordered online.
- Early morning swim will start June 11th.
Social – Tiffany McCann
- There are currently four music nights scheduled.
- Family night will be a fiesta theme. Tiffany is waiting on confirmation for the photo booth rental.
- Tiffany will be looking to book Ben Baldwin for the Labor Day event.
- The Club is looking to host an astronomy night for all Members. The date will depend upon availability of facilitators and weather. Tiffany will provide an update when available.
- The Promocentric Pop-Up shop is up and members may place orders until June 16th.
- There are two options for logos on merchandise. North Face fleece and rain jackets have also been added to the shop.
- The decision was made to forego the staff appreciation night. The EC will look for alternative means to thank the staff.
Facilities – Alan Lewis
- No facilities report was provided this month.
- Alan will be working with Jeff to assess work to be done in the coming year.
- There are several frozen windows in the Clubhouse that will need to be replaced or repaired.
- The north deck tables are available for reservations. There are two tables available, each with a maximum capacity of 12 people.
- The new stand up paddleboard area is open.
Long Range Planning – Reggie Hall
- No Long Range Planning report was provided this month.
- In the coming months, the EC will discuss allocating a portion of the capital dues to establish a Long Range Planning fund.
Technology – Katie Johnson
- Katie Johnson has updated website.
The annual meeting will be held on June 27, 2021 at 9:00. The EC reviewed the proposed agenda.
The EC will discuss member only days at the July EC meeting.
Meeting adjourned 8:55 pm.
The Executive Committee will meet Tuesday, July 12, 2021, 7:00 pm at the Beach Club.
Minutes respectfully submitted by Mary Ellen Morse, Secretary.