March 2021 EC Meeting Minutes
June 02, 2021
Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
A regular meeting of the Executive Committee was held, via Zoom, on Tuesday evening, March 8, 2021. The meeting was called to order at 7:02 p.m. by Gail Sudduth.
Present: Gail Sudduth – President, Sara Casassa – Vice President, Craig Seymour – Treasurer, Mary Ellen Morse -Secretary, Erik Browning, Alan Lewis, Tiffany McCann, Reggie Hall, Katie Johnson, Sarah Holmes and Jeff Ristau – Manager
Secretary’s Report – Mary Ellen Morse
A motion was made to approve the February Executive Committee meeting minutes. * The minutes were unanimously approved and will be posted on the website.
Treasurer’s Report – Craig Seymour
- Craig Seymour presented the Financial Report to the Executive Committee.
- The proposed 2021 budget was provided for review.
- The proposed budget(s) accounts for standard operations as well as the Covid related uncertainties (e.g., social events, capacity restraints, etc.)
- $100,000 has been included as a capital expense for the roof replacement though the final cost will likely be less.
- The EC discussed setting up a capital reserve fund for future significant expenditures (e.g., resiliency measures such as rebuilding the revetment wall).
- Craig answered questions from the EC and the Financial Report was accepted unanimously.
Manager’s Report – Jeff Ristau
- Jeff is scheduling service providers to facilitate the opening of the Club.
- Seacoast Sewer and Drain will be blasting out the saltwater line with the hopes of being able to run a new line through the existing line so that the saltwater can be brought in for the pool.
- South Shore Gunite redrained the isolated line that contained water as a result of winterizing the heater. The pool will likely need to be drained to complete the repair. The work they have completed to date has cost the Club approximately $800.
- Tim Nardiff Chimney Cleaning will be scheduled to repair the chimney leak.
- The backflow preventer has been installed and is ready for inspection by Aquarion.
- Jeff contacted references for Sky High Roofing. All references expressed their pleasure with Sky High’s services.
- Jeff has a copy of the proposed agreement with Sky High and will circulate for review.
- Jeff is working on staffing for the summer. He expects to have a better idea as to whom will be returning by the next meeting.
- Jeff and team will begin breaking down the surf locker door, sanding and painting tables, cleaning lockers and organizing and cleaning the kitchen.
Membership – Sarah Holmes
- As of February 9, 2020, the membership counts are 279 total units (93 single, 88 spousal, 98 family) for a total of 654 members.
- One legacy member will be eligible for an independent membership in July.
- One birth was reported to the EC and not yet reflected in the above numbers.
- A question was raised as to how individuals on the waiting list who no longer have sponsors (i.e., death or resignation of sponsor) should be handled.
- The EC will discuss amending the sponsorship rule to address the issue at the April meeting.
Swim – Erik Browning
- The Club is looking to hire a swim coach for the summer to provide more consistent coaching.
- As guidance emerges regarding Covid, we be able to determine the structure of the swim program this summer.
- Details related to the swim program will be discussed at the April EC meeting.
Social – Tiffany McCann
- The tentative calendar has been completed.
- The July 3rd will likely proceed but capacity restraints, if any, will need to be determined.
- Music nights are beginning to be booked.
- Mel & John will not be available this summer.
- The Beatles cover band, “All Together Now”, will play on Sunday, July 18th and Sunday, August 15th. They may be asked to play once more in September but that will be determined at a later date.
- Karen Grenier, a singer/guitar player, will be contacted to see if she has any availability to play at one, or more, of the music nights.
- Family Night is scheduled for August 7th. Capacity restraints, if any, will need to be determined. The theme has not yet been determined.
- This summer’s social calendar will include an astronomy night for anyone interested in star gazing will be scheduled as well as some junior member nights with beach games.
- PromoCentric has been engaged to begin work on this year’s pop-up shop. The site will tentatively be launched in May so that orders can be delivered by the 4th of July.
- Tiffany is exploring options for selling Beach Club branded drinkware.
Facilities – Alan Lewis
- No report was provided.
- The roofing projected was presented to the Board at the Special Meeting of the Board held immediately preceding the EC meeting.
- The Board approved the replacement of the roof and proposed budget.
Long Range Planning – Reggie Hall
- No report was provided.
Technology – Katie Johnson
- Katie is working to create a guide for the office manager(s) so that he/she will be able to update the website as needed.
- Katie is exploring alternative payment providers for credit card processing in order to reduce the processing fees. More members are paying their bills online resulting in additional fees for the Club.
- Katie has proposed a beach cleanup in connection with the Blue Ocean Society. Should the Club elect to participate, an email would be sent to members instructing them how to sign up. Dates will be discussed at the next EC meeting.
A motion to adjourn regular meeting was made by Gail and seconded by Craig.
Meeting adjourned 8:54 pm.
Next Executive Committee meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at
7:00 via ZOOM
Minutes respectfully submitted by Mary Ellen Morse, Secretary.
*February EC Meeting minutes approved via email after the conclusion of the meeting.