June 2020 EC Meeting Minutes
July 21, 2020
Beach Club Inc.
Executive Committee Meeting
Tuesday June 9, 2020
Remotely via Zoom
Present: Gail Sudduth – President, Sara Casassa – Vice President, Rob MacLeod – Treasurer, Amy Tremblay -Secretary, Erik Browning, Meganne Fabrega, Alan Lewis, Tiffany McCann, Craig Seymour and
Jeff Ristau – Manager
Absent – Diana Burnell
The meeting was called to order at 7:05pm by Gail Sudduth
Secretary’s Report – Amy Tremblay
- The May Minutes were accepted and will be posted on the website.
Treasurer’s Report – Rob MacLeod
- YTD we are okay and on budget, cash flow is fine. The year is starting off as we had anticipated.
- The Finical Report for The Annual Meeting is ready, used the same format as in years past.
Manager’s Report – Jeff Ristau
- Pool heater died on Thursday, new heater being installed Wednesday the 16th and/or Thursday 17th
- Beach Club had some electrical problems Friday night due to Eversource; they have all been fixed.
- The saltwater line is not working Hart Plumbing is working on it, could be a valve and the part is on order.
- A few of the gas lines to the grills cracked on the first night, these have all been fixed.
- Internet failed and a new router was purchased.
- Haven’t been that busy, the busiest day was 80 people on Saturday (Covid-19 capacity 120)
- Evenings have been quiet, partly due to the cooler temperatures and unable to go inside
- Members are being respectful of the Covid-19 rules
- Parking lot is working out okay.
- Spoke to Frank Drake, we are able to park 6-8 staff cars by the Sea Road entrance for the short term
- Pool has mostly been being used for laps, since the heater is broken, it has been 70-75 degrees.
Membership –Meganne Fabrega
- As of June 7th, there are currently 281 total units (97 single, 96 family and 88 spousal)
- All applicants offered membership in May accepted
- Since June 25, 2019 there have been (that we know of)
- 6 deaths
- 3 births
- 1 marriage
- 1 divorce
- 1 legacy acceptance
- 7 unit resignations
- 5 member removals (legacy declines)
- 23 members accepted (6 units)
- There could be a slight change in numbers pending the review/proofing of the directory.
- Need to look into why legacies are turning down membership, is it they were simply not that involved in the club, cost or something else?
Swim – Erik Browning
- A letter went out to the membership earlier this week covering pool rules, swim team, swim lessons, water aerobics etc.
- This year we have gone from the paper sign up to online sign up form
- We have 20 kids signed up for swim team so far, which is good considering the year, last year we had 30.
- Practice times have been split into 2 times slots to increase each swimmers time in the pool.
- There will be no swim meets this year, a virtual meet is being talked about by all the area swim coaches.
- Pricing has been modified, fee is reduced to $75, everyone will receive a towel at the end of the season. No swim team banquet this year.
- Swim team bathing suits available online.
Social – Tiffany McCann
- With no events to plan, concentrating on swag pop-up shop.
- Working with Pomocentric, they create the shop for a $400 set-up charge plus $40 a month.
- The shop will be open for a month and offer men’s, women’s, and kids; t-shirts, sweatshirts, sweatpants and jackets.
- Members place their order, once the shop closes and Promocentic produces the items and drop ships ($8 S & h)
- Nicole is working with Harveys and will offer onesies, stickers and masks
Facilities – Alan Lewis
- Bathrooms are nearly done! Benches have been delayed.
- Holding back on last payment until punch list is completed.
- Received a separate quote from another vendor to re-stain and re-finish floor – $7,500. Which we will use to negotiate final payment.
- We have a small invoice from Coreano, we asked them to review and give us feedback at each milestone.
- 2020 off season projects to include beach access shower / foot washing station, replacing windows and some siding and roofing work.
- The feedback on the new bathrooms has been very positive!
Technology – Diana Burnell
- Gail will be in-touch with Diana concerning some website issues.
Long Range Planning – Craig Seymour
- The Coastal Climate Change team from UNH, (3 people) will be visiting the Beach Club July 14th at 11:30
- They will provide a written report with recommendations. It will be Interesting to see what our risks are and what solutions are possible.
- Gail received another letter asking again for re-consideration of Significant Other application. It was discussed and concluded that we only have 2 eligible Signiant Others this season and will allow both once the EC decides it is okay to let immediate family guests accompany members to the club.
- Gail also received a request to make accommodations for compromised senior members, discussed several options for specific time periods, designating Sea Deck. The decision was made to take it as a case by case basis. Members should call club and make arrangements with Jeff to reserve the Sea Deck for a specific time.
- Parking at St. Theresa; Father Gary is cautiously optimistic. The dioceses had concerns because the lot is not monitored which might leave the church open to liablity. Father Gary is in conversation with the dioceses and doing his best to get us 15 Beach Club permit parking only spaces.
- Annual Meeting will be outside this year, weather permitting, due to COVID-19, Sunday June 28 9:00-10:30, deck will be closed. All reports are due to Jeff By June 20th to go to the printer.
Motion to adjourn meeting Gail, second Craig
Meeting adjourned at 9:10pm
Annual Meeting is scheduled for June 28 outside 9:00- 10:30 am
Next EC Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday July 14, 2020 at 7:00 pm at the Beach Club
Minutes respectfully submitted by Amy Tremblay, Secretary