March 2020 Executive Committee Meeting
April 27, 2020
Beach Club Inc.
Executive Committee Meeting
Wednesday March 4, 2020
Present: Gail Sudduth – President, Rob MacLeod – Treasurer, Amy Tremblay -Secretary, Erik Browning, Meganne Fabrega, and Tiffany McCann
Remotely: Sara Casassa – Vice President and Alan Lewis
Absent: Diana Burnell, Craig Seymour and Jeff Ristau – Manager
The Meeting was called to order at 7: 00 pm by Gail Sudduth
Secretary’s Report – Amy Tremblay
- The January Minutes were accepted and will be posted on the website
- The February meeting was cancelled due to lack of a quorum
Treasurer’s Report – Rob McLeod
- We are in our slow period now
- We have $25k debt and $115K cash, propose we pay off debt before we move to a new bank
- We have 3 proposals, Bangor Savings, Meredith Village Savings and Partners Bank
- The budget draft is complete, needs to be approved. Will need input from Alan /Facilities and Jeff/ Manager for any upcoming Capital Expenditure projects they foresee coming
- The bills will be going out in April, will need President’s letter mid-March
Manager’s Report – Jeff Ristau
- Submitted a written report, all the major spring openings have been booked opening prep work is all scheduled
- EC giving Jeff and Alan authority to make a decision on replacing or repairing pool heater.
Membership –Meganne Fabrega
- As of March 1, there are currently 277 total units (99 single, 86 spousal, 92 family) =632 total members
- Jeff sent out an email requesting updated information, and the master list is being updated as the information comes in
- One divorce and remaining member has been confirmed
- Next legacy birthday is April 18
- The letters requesting information updates for applicants from their sponsors for the top 10 on the priority list and top 5 on the regular list have gone out via email and USPS (if no email address was available). Received 7 responses, including one application withdrawal.
Swim – Erik Browning
- Still in conversation with UNH coach, we won’t know is availability for about another month, until his UNH contract is signed.
Social – Tiffany McCann
- The first draft of the calendar is complete
- Working on putting together a committee for social events to increase enthusiasm and attendance
- Looking at 2 bands for Labor Day
- Want to increase budget for 95th due to increase in costs
- July 3rd fireworks booked – rain date July 5
- May add another adult night to the calendar – Yacht Rock theme
- Will talk to Jeff for ideas for Staff appreciation night
Facilities – Alan Lewis
- The bathroom project is coming along and on track, framing is complete and Sheetrocking will be done next, an electrical inspection is done and we passed.
- The concrete sealer that was applied is not the color we chose and will have to be re-done
- Careno pointed out we have moisture in one of our existing skylights, have asked about replacing
- Careno also found that our roof shingles were improperly installed and the rubber portion’s life span is past its life and has cracked, so this will need to be addressed in the near future.
- This project also highlighted that the exterior siding is not in the best shape, but more importantly, was not built with any moisture barrier. They are installing plastic from the inside to help protect new construction, but this will also have to be addressed.
Adjourn meeting Meganne, second Tiffany
Meeting adjourned at 8:00
Next Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday April 15, 2020 at 7:00 pm at The Rye Library
Minutes respectfully submitted by Amy Tremblay, Secretary